Precision Optical Transceivers is a system engineering company focused on optical transceivers and related active/passive optical components. For over a decade, we have helped build networks around the globe by providing high quality, custom-engineered optical solutions. We are looking for a Product Line Manager for our passive filters.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Managing and leading optical passives-related projects through entire project life cycle (inception, design, test, system-integration, trial, deployment, maintenance)
- Interact with Sales and Engineering teams to develop business case for new passives products
- Work with supply chain to ensure the right project components are ordered, delivered and accounted for
- Interpret passive data sheets and translate optical parameters to the database for optical passives equipment like filters, splitters, taps, fiber cables, connectors etc.
- Create and maintain company passives roadmap based on target markets and product evolution
- Able to understand DVT and reliability reports and assist Engineering in clarifying issues with suppliers
- Determine and develop product requirements to be provided to potential suppliers
- Work directly with Engineering to test new products
- Provide technical information and guidance to Marketing for promotional usage
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously in a prioritized order across multi-disciplinary teams
- Facilitate project collaboration by setting up and coordinating project governance tools
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project information as well as status updates adequately to all participants
- Interface with external customers to collect product requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering, or other related field preferred; will consider Associates Degree with corresponding experience
- Telecommunication and Optical technology experience are required
- Optical testing in transceivers and amplifiers preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with passive optical components and filtering technologies required
Precision Optical Transceivers, Inc is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.