DATA PROTECTION & PRIVACY
(Last updated: 2022.12.01)
1. WHAT DATA DOES PRECISION COLLECT?
Precision collects two basic types of information with the Service: personal information and aggregate information.
Personal information is information that visitors provide to Precision that is directly associated with a specific person or entity such as a user’s name, address, phone number, and e-mail address. Additionally, the Service collects additional information about your browser, device, and your IP address as part of analytics and logging.
Aggregate information is data collected by Precision about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed, which may include demographic information. In other words, information on how you use the Service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the Service, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data. Aggregate data helps Precision understand its user’s needs to best develop new features or otherwise tailor the Service. Precision may share aggregate information about its users with third parties for various purposes, including to better understand and improve the Service and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Precision will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 16 without receiving parental or guardian consent. If a child under 16 has provided Precision with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact the Precision Privacy Office using the methods below to remove the information and opt-out of the Services provided.
2. HOW DOES PRECISION COLLECT YOUR DATA?
Precision collects most of the data directly from the users of the Service, when the user:
- Registers online, submits quote requests or places an order for any Precision products, or
- Voluntarily completes a customer survey or provides feedback on any Precision message boards, or
- Voluntarily completes a form to receive any of Precision long form content pieces (white papers, e-books, case studies, etc.), or
- Submits information as part of a promotional company giveaway, or
- Automatically as part of user engagement analysis when a user views the Precision website or other Services.
Precision may also receive your data from third parties to whom you have expressed an interest in Precision products and services and have authorized those third parties to share your information.
3. HOW WILL PRECISION USE YOUR DATA?
Precision uses the information collected through the Service for internal business purposes, including enhancing the user experience, providing interactive or personalized elements on the sites, and better preparing future content based on the interests of our users.
Precision uses personal information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and company updates. Precision sends out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (varies with the newsletter), and occasionally sends out special editions.
Personal information will be used to respond to quotes, fulfill orders, manage billing, to provide service and warranty support, and other activities related to the operation of the business.
Aggregate information is used to determine how users engage different parts of the Service. This includes demographic information, customer interest in products, and other user trends. Additionally, search terms entered in the search function are used to determine what topics are of interest to our users. This helps Precision continue to build a better Service for its users. Precision does not track what individual users read or which search terms users enter, but rather how well each page performs overall.
Precision does not rent, sell, or share personal information with other people or non-affiliated companies without prior consent except (i) as necessary to complete a transaction you have requested, (ii) as necessary to perform internal analyses and business functions, (iii) as part of a business transfer, or (iv) when required by law or permitted to protect our rights, property, or safety.
4. HOW DOES PRECISION SHARE YOUR DATA?
Precision may engage third-parties to perform user engagement analysis of the Service. Precision may share personal information with third-party vendors who assist in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business, such as public relations firms engaged to manage social media platforms or those who assist in processing and completing transactions for products and services that users have requested.
The Service leverages third-party tools that directly collect user personal information such as IP Address and browser information. This information is anonymized unless the user opts into Statistics cookies through the Service’s cookie settings.
In the event that Precision outsources tasks and discloses user personal information to third parties, the use and disclosure of personal information by these third parties is restricted to the performance of those specified tasks.
User’s information, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger or acquisition, creation of a separate business to provide the Service or fulfill products, sale or pledge of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
Precision will not share your personal information identification with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners without your consent unless it has a good faith belief that release is appropriate and necessary to comply with legal process or authority (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order); to enforce or apply its policies; to initiate, render, bill, and collect for amounts owed; to protect its rights, property, or personal safety of Precision, its users, its employees, or the public; or if it reasonably believes that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
5. HOW DOES PRECISION STORE YOUR DATA?
Precision securely stores your personal information in our Content Relationship Management system (CRM). Information may also be stored in LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Google Ads Manager, Precision’s website administrative portal, or other tools and services depending on where the lead originated.
Precision and third-parties (when consent was provided to share information) will keep user personal information while it may still be used to perform the intended use for which it was obtained, as long as required by regulatory or contractual obligations, or until a request to delete data is obtained from the user.
Upon deletion, personal information will be permanently removed from the Precision CRM system, the systems used to obtain the lead, and from any third-party systems.
6. TRANSFER OF DATA ACROSS INTERNATIONAL BOUNDARIES
Precision is a United States company that sells products worldwide. As products are custom manufactured in the United States, Precision has a legitimate interest in storing your personal information and sales/order information in the United States. If you object to your personal information being transferred or used as described in this Policy, please contact the Precision privacy office using the methods outlined below.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION RIGHTS?
Precision wants to make users are fully aware of your personal information protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to ask Precision for copies of your personal information. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to correction – You have the right to request that Precision correct or complete any personal information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Precision erase or delete your personal information, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Precision restrict the processing of your personal information, including sharing your personal information with third parties, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Precision’s processing of your personal information, including automated decision making, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Precision transfer the data that it has collected about you to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Consent. Precision will not disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes without the user’s consent. With consent, Precision may disclose your personal information to third parties so that they may provide the user with the products and services that they have requested.
8. WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW ARE THEY MANAGED?
The Service manages three types of cookies:
- Functional – These cookies are required for the website to function properly. They include keeping the user logged in, maintaining shopping cart contents, retaining user preferences such as cookie settings, and managing CAPTCHAs.
- Preferences –
- Statistics – Used for tracking user behavior as they use the service. Part of analytics to improve the user experience.
- Marketing – Used to send advertising or other marketing purposes. Also, may be used by third party components of the service to track the user across several websites.
9. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
We provide links to third-party websites from the Service as a service to our users and we are not responsible for the content or information collection practices of those sites. Please also note that these websites privacy policies will differ from ours. Therefore, we encourage you to review and understand their privacy practices before providing them with information or visiting their sites.
10. HOW TO CONTACT PRECISION
Cookie Management: https://www.precisionot.com/cookie-policy-eu/
Precision will typically respond to privacy requests within 30 days.
11. INFORMATION SECURITY
Precision operates secure data networks protected by industry standard security controls. Precision security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced to comply with the latest applicable regulations, best practices, and security frameworks. Only authorized individuals with a need to know have access to user’s personal information.