Precision Optical Technologies is a system engineering company focused on optical transceivers and related active/passive optical components. For over a decade, we have helped build networks around the globe by providing high quality, custom-engineered optical solutions. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer (or higher) in Rochester, NY.
As a Software Engineer at Precision OT your focus is finding solutions for our customers. This includes gathering user requirements, defining system functionality, and writing code in various languages. The role of a Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or another related field
- 4 or more years of software engineering or software development, preferably in a related field.
- Hands-on programming experience developing with both compiled and scripting languages, experience with Python is strongly desired
- Follow the software development life cycle to create software that assures the delivery of high-quality products to our customers
- Develop software tests, verification plans, and procedures
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Work closely with hardware team, product line manager, engineering operations team and compliance team to understand internal requirements.
- Participate in continuous improvement of the software development process
Precision Optical Technologies, Inc is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.