Precision Optical Technologies is a system engineering company focused on optical transceivers and related active/passive optical components. For over a decade, we have helped build networks around the globe by providing high quality, custom-engineered optical solutions. If you are viewing this posting online, this data is coming to you through multiple Optical Transceivers! We are seeking an Electrical Engineer in Rochester, NY who has experience leading electrical design projects.
This position will be responsible for:
- Design, analysis, and integration of digital and analog circuits, high speed components, interfaces, and systems from simulation to integration and test
- This role will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to define and design current and next generation high speed electro-optical devices, ASICs, packaging, printed circuit boards, and system interconnects.
- Apply engineering principles and analyses to mixed-signal and high-speed electronics circuits from design to system integration.
- Design and construct electronics testing setups to enable design verification and simulation correlation.
- Work directly with photonic, ASIC, package, and system design engineers to evaluate design tradeoffs and optimize design performance for manufacturability.
- Perform initial circuit board bring-up and measure performance to verify adherence to functional requirements.
- Lead test and troubleshoot of complex designs utilizing advanced laboratory equipment.
- Design and analyze high speed serial links and their compliance to specifications and standards
- Mentor junior level engineers.
Education & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with 7+ years of relevant industry experience (master’s degree preferred).
- Experience with electronics design and analysis for product development required.
- Experience with electro-optical or high-rate communications systems preferred.
- Experience designing optical transceivers highly desirable.
- Experience with new design and modifications to existing digital/analog systems to meet specific project/product objectives.
- Experience with circuit board development from requirements through design, simulation, analysis, construction, and lab testing.
- PCB design, layout, and use of an associated CAD tool desired (i.e. Altium, PADS, Allegro).
- Familiarity with high-speed signal and power integrity design methods and verification environment(s) desired (methods: S-parameters and equivalent circuits, 2D, 2.5D, and 3D analysis; software: Keysight ADS, CST Studio, or equivalent).
Precision Optical Technologies, Inc is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.