Precision Optical Transceivers is a system engineering company focused on optical transceivers and related active/passive optical components. For over a decade, we have helped build networks around the globe by providing high quality, custom-engineered optical solutions. We are searching for a Director of Manufacturing to lead our Advanced Development team in the Rochester, NY area.
The Director of Manufacturing is responsible for leading, administering, and organizing manufacturing of Precision OT’s advanced engineering products. This role works closely with Advanced Engineering, contract manufacturers, and in-house manufacturing / test to manage the process of transitioning and maintaining products from prototype to full production and leading continuous improvement initiatives to enable efficiencies and meet/sustain quality goals. The Director of Manufacturing works closely with Product Managers, Engineering, and Supply Chain to assure volume and schedules are met for required product delivery.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field with a
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience, including at least 8 years of Manufacturing / Operations leadership experience
- Experience with Photonic / Optical and Electronics Manufacturing processes preferred
- Experience collaborating with contract manufacturers preferred
- Direct development, planning, implementation and maintenance for the manufacturing of Precision OT’s advanced development products
- Evaluate contract manufacturer’s qualifications, equipment, and capabilities and oversee Precision OT’s contract manufacturing partners
- Formulate and supervise processes for quality and production to ramp and maintain manufacturing of new and existing products
- Evaluate current production and supply chain processes to find better efficiencies which lower cost and shorten manufacturing turn-around times
- Build and / or support the creation of project plans / timelines by working with key functional groups; Ensure effective communication strategies on reporting KPI’s and project status to all levels of management
- Lead / Organize / Support technical teams and manufacturing partners for Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) assessment on projects where applicable
- Schedule and coordinate manufacturing project resources (internal and external), including third parties/vendors for a flawless execution of manufacturing projects.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties / vendors.
- Identify and manage manufacturing’s critical path and risk areas, and work with teams to create risk response and mitigation plans.
- Travel is required, including the potential for international travel
- Other Duties as assigned
**Please send resume and brief message to firstname.lastname@example.org**
Precision Optical Transceivers, Inc is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.