Precision Optical Transceivers is a system engineering company focused on optical transceivers and related active/passive optical components. For over a decade, we have helped build networks around the globe by providing high quality, custom-engineered optical solutions. We are looking for an experienced Quality Manager to join our growing team.
The Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring conformance with the Quality Management System (QMS) requirements and ISO 9001:2015 standards with respect to the design, development, and distribution of our engineered optical solutions. This includes the implementation, enforcement, and maintenance of the following core processes: Sales, Engineering, Product Life Management (PLM) and Operations.
Education & Experience:
- Five years’ experience in a direct Quality role including 3 years of leadership experience.
- Experience working in a certified International Organization for Standardization (ISO) environment.
- Internal Audit experience (Lead Auditor)
- Demonstrated leadership experience leading projects is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Design, implement, and improve company quality standards.
- Review and update standard operating procedures and the quality management system as necessary
- Produce reports regarding production quality, root cause analyses, quality trends or nonconformance of products or processes
- Monitor performance of quality metrics and determine system effectiveness
- Communicate quality management information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, or contractors
- Instruct and train employees, vendors or contractors in quality management system guidelines, testing procedures and analytical procedures.
- Internal Audits, Management Reviews, Documentation, Certifications and Corrective Actions/Preventive Actions.
- Foster a culture of Continuous Improvement by driving best practices within the Manufacturing/Production team (e.g. daily accountability, structured problem solving, standard work, GEMBA, strategy deployment, lean/6 sigma).
- Achieve, track and trend key quality objectives and performance indicators for area(s) of responsibility (e.g. right first time, non-conformance, complaint rates, etc.).
- Monitor product performance and capability to relevant specifications and drive Management Reviews.
- Develop and manage validation strategies to support successful introduction of new or design changes to products, manufacturing platforms & systems and facilities.
- All other duties as assigned
To apply please send resume and brief message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Precision Optical Transceivers, Inc is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.