Precision Optical Transceivers is a system engineering company focused on optical transceivers and related active/passive optical components. For over a decade, we have helped build networks around the globe by providing high quality, custom-engineered optical solutions. We are searching for a Technical Project Manager to join our Advanced Development team in the Rochester, NY area.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for leading, administering and organizing large projects through their life cycles. This role establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards and meet customer expectations. This position has a unique blend of business and technical aspects, working directly with engineering and leadership teams, customers and vendors providing a strategic vantage point to make a large impact on the company and our overall success.
Education & Experience:
- 5 or more years of Sales Technical Project Management work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of project management elements: the project description, the project span, quality, needed resources, possible risk, relevant regulations and guidelines, most viable options, relevant tools, and methods available for execution required.
- Risk management experience in project management required.
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is preferred.
- Telecommunications experience preferred
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- Agile Scrum Certified, with experience in Rally (or similar tracking tool).
- Preferred Enterprise systems or database administration background.
- Travel is required, including the potential for international travel desired
- Manage and lead complex projects through entire project lifecycle (inception, design, development, integration and test, trial, and deployment).
- Develop and maintain project scope documentation including, deliverables, project plans, cost tracking, resource usage, issue and risk tracking and project status.
- Lead change request tasks and tracking.
- Identify and manage critical path and risk areas, and work with teams to create risk response and mitigation plans.
- Communicate statuses on progress, risks and issues.
- Work with management to maintain the project budget.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously with cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of projects including scheduling kickoff meetings, requirements gathering, analysis, build, testing and go live.
- Work closely with customers, vendors and internal teams to manage expectations and define objectives. Identify metrics and measurement process to evaluate project timeline status and quality of deliveries.
- Build positive relationships and trust over time through open communication, and by providing on-time and high quality deliverables.
- Facilitate project collaboration by setting up and coordinating project governance tools
- Responsible for development of tools to reduce complexity and manual efforts of the program.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project information as well as status updates adequately to all participants.
- Schedule and coordinate project resources, internal and external resources, including third parties/vendors for a flawless execution of projects. Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Perform Resource Management functions including prioritization and assignment of people and external contractor resources to tasks and other project-related efforts.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Liaise with clients to further identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives on an as needed basis.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, using the company’s preferred software.
- Other duties as assigned.
**Please send resume and brief message to firstname.lastname@example.org**
Precision Optical Transceivers, Inc is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.